The Fund Financial Controller is an integral part of the business and works closely with the Fund Management; Acquisitions and Asset Management teams located i Maastricht, Amsterdam and Berlin.
Role and Accountabilities:
The Fund Controller is responsible for all elements of accounting, financial reporting and statutory, tax compliance for a portfolio of separate account clients and co-mingled funds at various stages of their life cycle. In addition to providing the core financial roles, the Fund Financial Controller provides pivotal support to all Catella teams and works closely with transaction and portfolio/fund teams.
The successful candidate will support portfolio on performance analysis and reporting. Whilst also providing support to acquisition and asset management on transactions (structuring, DD, financing, SPA). The function requires frequent contacts to external accountants, property managers, tax and legal advisors and banks.
- Management of the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes, including monthly or quarterly financial statements with local regulation and fund documentation, investor reporting, annual statutory accounts, cash flow forecasting and investor requests.
- Ensure accuracy, quality and efficiency of the reporting production with the support of external or internal accountants.
- Co-ordinate the appointment of external auditors and external advisors (when required) in a cost-efficient manner
- Coordinate tax planning with external advisors
- Ensure all tax compliance requirements are met for all entities in the portfolio
- Identify tax opportunities and risks
- Anticipate tax changes and analyse impacts
- Manage tax audits
- Drive all annual legal requirements of the investors as well as other specific requirements such as capital increase/decrease, dividend distribution, merger, liquidation and internal loan documentations.
- Management of cash flow, ensuring that adequate funds are available to complete transactions and those surplus funds are efficiently repatriated to the investors in collaboration with the Portfolio/Fund management.
- Support Acquisitions and Sales Transactions
- Work closely with operations on deal structuring to maximise profitability and operational efficiency, due diligence, data room
- Compute / review price offers on deals
- Review cash flow model, tax assumptions, Sources and Uses of Funds and transaction agreements (Sale and Purchase Agreement, Guarantees)
- Manage the tax issues associated with the integration of new acquisitions
- Support finance team when appropriate.
- Support the Catella European teams in providing all financial and tax data for their analysis
- Work in partnership with Asset Management and Fund management to develop forecasts and budgets as well as analytical reviews of all entities in the portfolio
- Build strong relationships with and serve as a single point of contact with internal fund / asset managers, external property managers and other third parties in relation to all financial matters
- Develop ongoing assessment to ensure appropriate levels of internal control and participate to internal audits.
- Assisting with the implementation of best practices in all aspects of client/fund accounting
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (Master, DSCG, CPA designation, business school or equivalent).
- 4+ years finance experience in an international environment, in an accounting, auditing firm or investment business.
- Strong technical accounting experience - IFRS, US GAAP, multi-currency and derivative accounting. Ability to analyse financial statements and Fund returns;
- Tax aware and highly IT literate; Digitalization; Process and system driven
- Commercial; tested business acumen with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Team player / Self-motivated / a sense of urgency /able to work on one’s own / high level attention to detail / strong organisation / project management skills/ initiative/ problem solver/ strategic thinker.
Catella is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. Welcome with your application to email@example.com, Human Resourses Director