As part of our ambition to green our portfolio, Catella Residential Investment Management has partnered with Elithis, the French building engineering and consulting group, to build 100 energy-positive residential towers across Europe by 2030 under a €2 billion investment programme. The towers will offer apartments at affordable rents, through the supply of surplus power back to national grids, which allows substantial savings on tenants’ energy bills.
In May 2020, Dijon and Saint-Etienne in France became the first cities to approve the development of a highly sustainable ‘energy-positive’ residential tower under our joint investment programme. The new building permits clear the way for the start of construction of the two residential towers in the course of 2020. Together with Elithis, we are planning five new schemes for cities elsewhere in France in 2021. Energy-positive towers are buildings that generate more energy than tenants consume.
Elithis ranks among the leading players in the fields of energy and environmental efficiency and has a long track record in supporting construction and renovation firms.
- Elithis: INREV ESG Case Study - The World’s First Energy-Positive Residential Tower
- Catella and Elithis team up with BBC StoryWorks -The world’s first energy-positive residential towers - Catella
- Property EU - Green light for energy-positive resi towers
- Press release - Catella and Elithis Launch First 'Energy-Positive' Residential Towers in Dijon and St-Etienne
- IPE - Giving something back