Since 2019, Catella Residential Investment Management and Elithis Groupe, the French specialist in building sustainable, operationally low carbon properties, has partnered by a trusting and efficient cooperation to build 100 energy-positive residential towers across Europe by 2030 under a €2 billion investment program - 25 locations across France have been identified and some residential towers have already been acquired by Catella Residential Investment Management.
In May 2020, Dijon and Saint-Etienne in France became the first cities to approve the development of the residential towers under our joint investment program – they are already built. Since then, additional energy-efficient residential towers have been acquired in Mulhouse, Le Havre and Brest. The newly built residential towers already outperform the EU's 2050 ‘net carbon zero’ target by producing renewable energy and feeding it back to the public grid while residents benefit from significant savings on energy costs.
The 5 unique building features:
- Press release: Acquisition Elithis Tower in Brest
- Press release - Acquisition Elithis Tower in Le Havre
- Press release - Catella Residential Investment Management names Alexandra Chevalier Acquisition Manager of ‘energy-positive’ residential impact fund
- Press release - Acquisition Elithis Tower Mulhouse
- Press release - Norway’s KLP pension company and other institutional investors commit close to €100mln to Catella Elithis Energy Positive Fund
- Elithis: INREV ESG Case Study - The World’s First Energy-Positive Residential Tower
- Catella and Elithis team up with BBC StoryWorks -The world’s first energy-positive residential towers - Catella
- Property EU - Green light for energy-positive resi towers
- Press release - Catella and Elithis Launch First 'Energy-Positive' Residential Towers in Dijon and St-Etienne
- IPE - Giving something back