We are currently looking for a finance manager (minimum of 3-5 years of experience) to join our Asset Management team based in Madrid.
This is an excellent opportunity for a young, dynamic Finance Manager who wants to showcase their proactive nature, working in a fast-paced, hands-on role, in a successful business.
Benefits of this role:
You will be working within a team of asset managers, with a senior team to support your development.
A company in strong growth, a steep learning curve and working in a horizontal team environment. The team is growing quickly so there will be a lot of room for growth as the business expands.
Working closely with highly professional international capital partners and investors.
Overview of key tasks:
Financial accounting – investor reporting
The financial accounting is outsourced to third party providers and as such the main element of this task to manage the relationship with them, review their outputs, provide input on complex accounting issues and highlight any operational issues. Practically this includes:
- Ensuring adherence to the timetable for investor reporting;
- Reviewing the local Prop-Co accounts;
- Managing the audit process and resolving audit queries to ensure that audits are completed on time and within budget, with minimal issues or adjustments; and
- Ensure that the fund administrators or accountants are accurately reflecting transactions during the year;
The FM will support the financial side of transactions in conjunction with the investment team and advisors. This includes;
- Structuring new deals in a tax efficient manner;
- Incorporation of companies to hold investments;
- Preparing funds flow; and
- Ensure the financing is in place (debt and investor equity).
Client services and investors
The FM will be the financial representative of Catella for both the client services team and investors. This includes:
- Building relationships with investors and presenting Catella in a client focused manner;
- Responding to investor queries in a timely and professional manner;
- Attend regular (weekly/fortnightly) conference calls with clients/investors.
- Input into investor presentations, updates and quarterly reporting (as mentioned above); and
- Review investor distribution calculations and payments.
Banking, debt and cash management
The FM will be responsible for cash management, day to day banking and assisting where possible in the securing of debt or credit lines. This element of the role will involve working with the Head of Treasury. This includes:
- Manage cash flow across the entire structure.
- Review, manage and approve payments.
- Prepare cash forecasting, including the planning of investment and debt drawdowns;
- Assist the team when raising debt, this could involve: reviewing loan documents, modelling the cash flows, modelling the covenants and assist in completing conditions precedent and subsequent;
- Ensure financial covenant and bank reporting is accurate and on time.
The FM will manage the tax structure and tax reporting of the funds/mandates they are responsible for. This Includes:
- Understanding the fund tax structure;
- Ensure documentation is kept up to do date; and
- Ensure service providers are submitting all tax returns on time, including VAT, property taxes, income and corporate taxes.
The FM will ensure the companies in the structure are appropriately managed. This includes;
- Oversee the preparation statutory minutes
- Ensure all required companies and tax filings are done on a timely manner.
Ad hoc tasks
- The FM should seek to identify and recommend possible process and control improvements, which promote greater efficiency and/or accuracy, on an on-going basis.
- The FM may be required to undertake other ad hoc tasks or projects from time to time.
Requirements and skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
Advanced Excel skills as well as other Microsoft Office packages.
At least 3-5 years of professional experience in finance, accounting and/or audit in real estate (preferably in fund management or middle-office positions in asset management).
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface with non-Finance colleagues, investors, banks and service providers.
Excellent written and spoken English.
Self-starter, pro-active and solution-oriented with the ability to multi-task and to deliver results in sometimes tight deadlines.; and
If you meet the requirements please apply with a CV in pdf format to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Catella Asset Management Iberia (Catella AM) is a subsidiary of the Swedish Catella AB, which is represented across Europe with more than 500 employees in 13 countries. Catella AM Iberia is a multi-asset class investment and asset management platform with assets under management in Spain and Portugal of approx. 700 million AuM including project developments. From its location in Madrid, we manage PRS, office, student accommodation and retail for institutional clients and professional investors.