Claude Cayla, CEO of Catella Residential Partners, was the guest of Gaël Giordana on France Télévisions on Sunday 27 November, to react to the proposed law against "illegal occupation of housing".
His analysis and proposals for solutions:
- With more than 4 million unhoused or badly housed people in France, the housing shortage is an absolute priority.
- It would not be fair to put the responsibility and costs on the private sector, individuals and companies.
- The responsibility belongs essentially to the public authorities.
Among the solutions to deal with the most urgent:
- Create emergency accommodation and set up alternative solutions.
- Use the many vacant premises, such as offices, or even pre-empt public premises
- Promote social and public housing development policies
According to him, "Social housing is not an issue but a step."