Catella continues to grow and total income increased by 10% in year-on-year terms. The increase was largely due to fixed earnings as a result of continued growth in Property Investment Management which increased assets under management by some SEK 34 Bn year-on-year. Operating profit/loss decreased by SEK 18 M burdened by increased personnel and rental costs in connection with the start-up of new operations in Property Investment Management and new product initiatives, which are an important part of our strategy for continued growth. Net financial income/expense in the quarter was negatively affected by impairment losses of SEK 85 M attributable to the loan portfolios, which had a book value of SEK 141 M at the end of the third quarter.
July – September 2019
- Total income SEK 517 M (472)
- Net sales SEK 507 M (465)
- Operating profit/loss SEK 74 M (92)
- Profit/loss before tax SEK -33 M (74), of which SEK - 85 M attributable to impairment of loan portfolio
- Profit for the period from remaining operations SEK -60 M (50)
- Profit for the period from disposal group held for sale SEK -9 M (-38)
- Profit for the period SEK -69 M (11), of which SEK - 83 M (-13) attributable to shareholders of the Parent Company
- Earnings per share* SEK -0.96 (-0.16)
January – September 2019
- Total income SEK 1,659 M (1,518)
- Net sales SEK 1,631 M (1,473)
- Operating profit/loss SEK 300 M (292)
- Profit/loss before tax SEK 170 M (275), of which SEK -85 M attributable to impairment of loan portfolio
- Profit for the period from remaining operations SEK 76 M (188)
- Profit for the period from disposal group held for sale SEK 52 M (-96)
- Profit for the period SEK 128 M (92), of which SEK 66 M (21) attributable to shareholders of the Parent Company
- Earnings per share* SEK 0.76 (0.26)
- Equity* SEK 1,487 M (1,578)
- Equity per share* SEK 17.23 (18.76)
- Assets under management SEK 184.1 Bn (178.9)
- Accrued, non-chargeable (not recognized for profit), variable earnings** in Systematic Funds totalled SEK 9 M at the end of the period.
Invitation to presentation of the Interim Report
Catella will be presenting the Interim Report and answering questions in a teleconference today 14 November 2019 at 9 a.m. CET. The presentation will be in English and will be made by Catella’s CEO and President Knut Pedersen and CFO Marcus Holmstrand. To participate in the teleconference, go to www.catella.com or call +46 (0)8 505 58 359.
* Attributable to shareholders of the Parent Company. Includes disposal group held for sale.
** Variable earnings calculated on Systematic Macros’ performance-based management fee. In order for the performance-based management fee to be settled at year end, and recognized for profit/loss, returns must be higher than comparative indices and the most recent level settled (High watermark). Accordingly, actual settlement at year end may be higher, lower or entirely absent relative to the indicated amount. Amounts can never fall below zero.
This is information that Catella AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07.00 CET on 14 November 2019.
About Catella: Catella is a leading specialist in property investments and advisory and fund management, with operations in 15 countries. The group manages assets of SEK 180 billion. Catella is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm in the Mid Cap segment. Read more at catella.com.